Do You Understand GOD?

theregister.co.uk
A lot of church people believe God even if they don't understand most of what he's saying in the bible. For instance, churches still hold on to their denominations even if Jesus already revealed in his prayer how God wants all believers to be completely united [John 17.23].

I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity.
It is commendable to believe even if you don't see (John 20.29), but God wants us all to believe and understand. It's difficult to genuinely believe and be sold out to something you do not understand.

Some say we cannot entirely understand everything about God. True, but still we need to understand what he reveals to us. The revealed things belong to us and to our children forever [Deuteronomy 29.29]. And anyway, we need to deeply understand how God wants us to "have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that (we) may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ," [Colossians 2.2].

"Complete understanding." See that?


Moreover, God told Jeremiah how God wants a believer to boast about how "he understands and knows me,"  [9.24].

"but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD.”
Do you understand God? Do you know what he's doing today and why he's doing it?

Our prayers are often about God knowing our plans and supporting them. Our prayers are often about ourselves and our ministries. But, have we exerted good efforts at understanding him and supporting what he's doing?

It's often:"Here's what I'm doing God, or what I want to do. Anyway, it's all for you, so please bless it."

We ask for wisdom, strength and riches and then boast about them when we get them. But what God really wants is for us to exert quality effort and devout quality time to knowing and understanding him, especially how his main concern is not really what we accomplish for him but steadfast love (our relationship with God), justice (our treatment of our fellows) and righteousness (quality of everyday life).

For more radically life-changing insights, get our e-books! 

GOD's Flesh: "And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!" [Job 19.26-17]. LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!

Comments