Study Theology to Understand Nothing of the Spiritual Realms

Image from Blogger.
Theologians put it this way. Theology is "rational discussion respecting the deity," according to St. Augustine. Richard Hooker said it's "the science of things divine." A.H. Strong explained that it's actually "the Science of God and of the relations between God and the universe." One time I read in a book somewhere that it is logic, reasoning, philosophy, science and acumen rolled into one.

I've read other definitions of theology---funny, they don't mention anything about the Holy Spirit, particularly how he alone enables enlightenment about Scriptures and God. It's all about "science" and "rational" thinking or reasoning. No wonder every so-called theologian I have talked to do not understand (or do not believe) the spiritual realms. They often treat it like some superstition or voodoo.

They can't imagine how you can interpret Scriptures without human theology, the kind you get from seminaries and professors and you pay tuition fees for. One time seminarians mocked me for believing the Holy Spirit was all I need to understand the bible and even get deeper insights that no seminary or professor or theology could give. That's when I realized the Holy Spirit was just a fairy tale to them, or Santa Claus, though they may claim to believe in him. They do not believe the Spirit can do his supernatural works through us today.

They belittle personal encounters with the spirit realms during spiritual warfare. They think talks about miraculous healing and supernatural signs and wonders are just figments of a crazy imagination or fit only for those who are out of their minds. They won't settle for anything less than intellectual---as if they're really intellectuals. ☺

As years passed, these things ceased being new to me. I've accepted the fact that most Christians and pastors and seminary students and professors do not believe the supernatural things of God are still possible today. If reason and science cannot explain it, they dismiss it as nonsense. They're more scientific than scientists and more atheistic than atheists. And they're proud of it.

But it only confirms the Word:

"The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit." [1 Cor.2.14]
When I was still under a church denomination, theologians and pastors confronted me about my belief and activities in the supernatural and the spirit realms. They asked me how my wife was cured of her ailment instantly after I prayed for her. They didn't understand anything I said. They thought I have turned cult. And they also wondered why strange things sometimes happened when I preached.

Paul warned believers about ministers who have shunned the supernatural powers of God manifesting in his servants and relied solely on man's wisdom:

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. [Colossians 2.8]

Moreover, human wisdom "emptied" the power of cross of Jesus:

...to preach the gospel---not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. [1 Corinthians 1.17]

NO wonder so many churches today are powerless. They may be peopled, moneyed, and propertied but powerless nonetheless. You cannot fight the enemy with these things. You cannot stop him from stealing, killing and destroying even if you are the richest mega church in the world if you do not understand and operate in the spiritual Kingdom of God, in the spirit realms, and the supernatural powers of the Holy Spirit.

Human theology does nothing to you except take away your ability to understand the supernatural works of the Holy Spirit. You may learn a lot of high-sounding theological terms and enjoy complicated theological discussions that sound intellectual, but they have no real power to defeat the devil. In fact, devils love human theology and they are experts on it.


For more radically life-changing insights, get our e-books! 

GOD's Flesh: "And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!" [Job 19.26-17]. LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!